XKE124 TBAR CONTROLLER UPDATE

20 posts / 0 new
Last post

Surprise
United States
XKE124 TBAR CONTROLLER UPDATE

For those interested in purchasing one of the new Xkeys products made specfically for the BlackMagic ATEM devices, the XKE 124 TBAR unit is awesome and works just fine as it comes from the manufacturer.

We however, wanted to add some functionality to it and figured we could just remove a few of the blanks and add some buttons... WRONG.

In this unit the blanks are actually "glued" in... PI Engineering tech support indicated if they were pried off, you could install a plunger and key and it would work. I would not suggest trying as they are glued in very tight.

I guess I can undertand they want to protect the integrity of the unit BUT really.

http://xkeys.com/xkeys/assets/images/XKE-124/XKE-124T-barATEM_1200.jpg

Williamston,
United States
T-bar Layout

Thanks for the report.  The design of this unit is still in discussion.  We have to glue the light pipe blockers down during assembly, or they will pop out.  

We were thinking of this as a fixed design for those who just want a basic ATEM switcher.  For anyone wanting the felxibility to change the layout or add buttons, they could purchase a stock XKE-124 T-bar and create a layout from scratch.

Perhaps a good compromise would be that we glue down only the light pipe blockers and leave the plain blockers snap fit to allow for adding keys.  

Dan from P.I. Engineering -  xkeys.com

Surprise
United States
That would be my

That would be my recommendation if you could leave the blanks un-glued. Would leave some room for modification if needed. Love the product though.

MADRID,
Spain
Xkeys 124 T Bar configuration

Hi, I just got my Xkeys 128 Tbar. I want to install it and I do not know how to do it. I downloaded the software JustMacros63Plus and PIEng_XKeys_NAB_Demo_XK124TBar_Version.
I'm no expert.
They can help me, step by step, to set it up?
First, I connect the Xkeys keyboard  to my computer  by USB?
What are the next steps to configure the Xkeys keyboard?
I just want to use the functions that the keyboard has by default. The model sells for Atem Xkeys and exhibited at the NAB.
Thanks in advance.

JohnBengston's picture

London
United Kingdom
First delete anything you

First delete anything you have already done, and download this ZIP File.

http://www.justmacros.tv/downloads/patches/JustMacrosXKe124PIEng.zip

Now Create a Folder on your C Drive, e.g. C:\JustMacros, and copy the contents of the ZIP file into that new folder.

Create a shortcut on your desktop to the program C:\JustMacros\JustMacros63Plus.exe

Double click the shortcut to run it.

Click on the XKEYS button at the top of the page, and you will see two panels on the left hand side of the main screen. At the top will be a list of XKeys devices, you are expecting to see only "X-Keys XK-124 T-Bar", click on it, and then set the ID to be 124, by typing 124 into the box and clicking the update button.

Now on the lower half of the screen right mopuse click and select import profile from XML, and select the XML file in the C:\JustMacros directory

and

Now you need to set the ID of the imported profile, after importing you may find you need to click back onto the Xkeys Panel at the top to make the profile appear, but appear it will. Set the ID in the same way as you did for the panel itself.

Now shutdown and then restart JustMacros.

Done!!

2 seconds after JM starts you'll see the initialisation script run which will turn on ALL backlamps, Max out the intensity and then turn them all back off again. after which the monitoring will take over and your light pipes will be activated.

Minimise the app to prevent the Purchase Nag screen getting in the way.

MADRID,
Spain

John,
thanks for your quick response. Next Monday I'll be trying to set up my new Xkeys 124 T-bar. I will try to follow your instructions to do so.
On Tuesday I will include a post with the result.
a greeting

MADRID,
Spain
Thank you for help

Thanks John for your help. The keyboard works well except KEY 3 buttons, however, the ON AIR key is above it if it works. FTB cast key does not work and the T-bar only has two positions, or up or down. You can not put it in the middle. I've done something wrong? you can help? Thanks in advance

JohnBengston's picture

London
United Kingdom
First change your Decimal

First change your Decimal separator to a dot, from a comma. that will fix the T-Bar: 

as mentioned on other threads:

• Control Panel
  • Region & Language
  • Additional Settings.
  • Decimal Separator - you are using a comma, but Lua / JM requirs a dot.

Then look at the profile you imported, and copy what is on Key39 to Key40, then reset Key39 to be BLANK

Finally to fix FTB, just map it using the built in functions by selecting the panel on the XKeys Tab, selecting EDIT, and pushing the button, then assign the key the FTB function.

I will get round to updating the profile with these fixes, but as I keep saying until the UK EU referendum is over, I have very little time available for all but PRO user requests, and my sample panel is not layed out like the PI Engineering version (see the standardized layouts topics), so it's difficult for me to test this sample without doing a load of work (pulling buttons and swapping things around - & connecting up a 1ME mixer which I can't for about another 2 and half weeks).

I will be doing a super cut down version of JustMacros that purely & only supports the PI Engineering pre-configured panel design, which will eliminate all this complexity, and you'll get a free licecne for this as part of your PKG licence.

Making these 3 changes should take you less than a minute, but if you are still struggling, post again, and I'll try to rework the sample blind. 

EDIT: By the way, you don't need to go to the trouble of PMing me with the same information as you post on the public topics, Tom has set up the forum such that I get emails for every post in the JM sub-forum, but more than that, I have a JustMacros script running on a CasparCG server, and whenever anyone posts here or on the BMD forum (on a topic I post on), JM creats a graphics and Keys it over whatever is on my TX monitor in my office, i.e. I know instantly when someone needs help, and if in any way possible (i.e I'm not out on a client site), I always try to respond as fast as I can.

JohnBengston's picture

London
United Kingdom
And to PI48895, I have some

And to PI48895, I have some feedback from a couple of TDs, who in my opinion, are right at the very top of their industry, lets call them Swinders and S-Club (not their real names).

If it is possible to add a little more resistance to the T-Bar movement, and / or slightly increase the mass of the top handle, the panel would be as close to perfect as you are likely to acheive, even for professional broadcast use.

Obviously I am assuming there exists a couple of tension screws, if not, no worries, it's still an excellent panel!!!

Thanks so much for making it.

Williamston,
United States
T-bar resistance

Hi John, 

I don't think there is such an adjustment in this design, but I will look into it.  Thanks for all you do supporting X-keys users. 

Dan from P.I. Engineering -  xkeys.com

MADRID,
Spain
Xkeys 124 Tbar configuration

Hi John, as I copy Key 39 for key 40? Which key number used for FTB and as I set this key?
The problem of the T-bar is fixed. Thank you

MADRID,
Spain
Xkeys 124 T-bar configuration

Hi John, I think you're very busy because you always respond quickly.
I edited the 39 key and have copied the parameters that are in Up and down with Ctrl + C. After I edited the 40 key in Standard mode and have pasted the parameters of the 39 key with Ctrl + V but it still does not work. I'm probably doing something wrong.
I used the 118 key to the FTB key but I do not know what parameters need to copy for later pasting into Up or down.
You can help? Thanks in advance

JohnBengston's picture

London
United Kingdom
No........ you should just

No........ you should just use the built in functions.

On the XKeys Screen with the XK-124 selected at the top of the page, click EDIT

Then press the key you want to use.

If the button is not assigned, you'll get the Set Button Type dialog.

Select ATEMFadeToBlack and click OK, or double click FadeToBlack

You will then get the page to configure the button, if you are on a TVS or 1ME, you won't need to do anything, but click OK, since you are using the PI Eng Mixing surface layout, you don't need to enter any captions for Key Printing, so after clicking OK, you will find the button fades to black or fade from black back to TX.

If when you do the EDIT process to find the key, it takes you directly to a partially setup button, just hit cancel, then RESET BUTTON, and repeat the process from the beginning, by going back to the XKeys Screen, clicking on the panel and selecting EDIT, followed by pushing the button FTB on the panel.

MADRID,
Spain

Thanks John, for the answer. The FTB key works perfectly with your instructions. The SDK3 key does not work. I have performed the steps you sent me, copying all the 39 key parameters and pasting them on the 40 key and then resetting the 39 key to Blank, but does not work. It is possible that this defective device?
I only need to set the key to the entire device.
Thanks in advance

JohnBengston's picture

London
United Kingdom
Okay so to test your

Okay so to test your panel.

Use the RESET button to clear it in the profile.

Then use the EDIT process to assign it a function like CUT or AUTO and try it out.

If that works the button is good.

If it doesn't, then I'd say "ummmmmmm".

Can I also confirm you are using a 1ME mixer not a 2ME mixer? I guess you are as I think I rememeber you saying KEY4 worked.

Before you do any resetting of buttons, It's also worth double checking you haven't got situation like DVE Transition Mode and then USK3 set to Fly enabled, can you set USK3 in the next transition via the BMD software?? Does the lamp come on when you do?? Can you cut the Key on with the On-Air.

Also watch for a new topic on the XKE124 in the next few hours. Specifically for the PI Engineering pre-configured layout, I'm about to make it much easier.

JohnBengston's picture

London
United Kingdom
Take a look at the version on

Take a look at the version on this topic:

http://www.atemuser.com/forums/atem-vision-mixers/blackmagic-atems/just-macros/simplified-xk124-t-bar-version-justmacros

seoul
South Korea
I can not use the T bar.

I have ATEM 1 M / E and ATEM 2 M / E.
I purchased the XKE-124 T-Bar USB keyboard and JustMacros DEV.
JustMacros_Version2_9_5762.zip and the latest patch files have been successfully downloaded and successfully mapped to each button.
I just downloaded JustTBarMonitoring.zip. But I can not use the T bar.
PIEng_XKE124_TBar_FullJM.zip Everything works fine in this program, but there are not enough LED problems and buttons.
Let the default program use the T bar.

Varna
Bulgaria
I think I did something wrong

Please, guys, help!

I think I did something wrong to my xkeys 124 Tbar

Here are the details:

We have ATEM 1 M / E switcher at the studio. The xkeys keyboard is used for control. It is connected to some small black box (arduino controller probably) and then there's network cable going to network switch where also the ATEM is connected.

I disconnected the Xkeys from the box, then connected it to my laptop and started playing with JustMacros. We have ATEM Television Studio, connencted to the laptop (with network cable). After testing I connected back the Xkeys to the black box....and it doesn't inicialize properly. Tried to restart the device. No effect. The Xkesy is all dark or all the lights are red....and the Xkeys doesnt control the ATEM 1M/E anymore...

Brisbane
Australia
JM 128Tbar script

Hi Alex,

From your post on the BMD forums you said you had access to a number of PC's to run JM to control your 1 M/E. http://www.justmacros.tv/downloads/Scripts/PIEng_XKeys_NAB_Demo_XK124TBa... This file contains a 128Tbar profile that John did for NAB last year. It will need some editting on your part but should give you a headstart on using Jm to control you mixer.

Varna
Bulgaria
Thanks!
stretch457 wrote:

Hi Alex,

From your post on the BMD forums you said you had access to a number of PC's to run JM to control your 1 M/E. http://www.justmacros.tv/downloads/Scripts/PIEng_XKeys_NAB_Demo_XK124TBa... This file contains a 128Tbar profile that John did for NAB last year. It will need some editting on your part but should give you a headstart on using Jm to control you mixer.

Thank you very much! It looks like my problem was bad network cable (checked it this morning), but I think it is really good idea to move to controling the unit by PC. At least for some situations, or like a backup. Thanks again.